1. Appropriately licensed in the State of Colorado as provided by law.
2. Licensed teachers must be qualified for the area or grade level in which they perform, meeting Colorado Department of Education accreditation standards.
Job Summary: The ELL Teacher will provide specialized language instruction to our English Language Learners and collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure our English Language Learners develop English language proficiency and achieve academic success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Screen Home Language Surveys
2. Administer the W-APT or WIDA Screener, interview parents/guardians, and collect a body of evidence to determine student eligibility for the ESL program in conjunction with the ELL Coordinator.
3. Actively participate with a team (classroom teacher, building principal, specialist(s), parent, and ELL Coordinator) in building a student’s English Language Acquisition Plan (ELAP)
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Dependent on Experience
Desired Start Date
As Soon As Possible