Must hold a bachelor’s degree, complete a New Mexico teacher preparation program, and pass the required content and subject area examinations. Those who have a bachelor’s degree but have not completed a teacher preparation program may be eligible for alternative teacher certification in New Mexico.
Please contact us directly if you have further questions regarding your eligibility.
• Teach 4 PBL curricular units that focus on the 4Ps: Place, phenomenon, problem, project
• Students participate in authentic investigations and problem-solving that approximates adult literacy and includes original research as well as collection, analysis, and representation of their own thinking
• Primary and secondary source materials replace textbooks
• Curriculum explores the history and evolution of scientific thinking and innovation
• Curriculum teaches ELA through connections to the content in science, math, and history courses
2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th.
Dependent on Experience
Desired Start Date
About the Area
What do People Like Most About This Area?
Located in the north-central region of our state, Taos is small community with a big story and an important history. This history is rooted in our connection with Taos Pueblo, which is one of the oldest continuously inhabited communities in what is now known as the United States.
Through this connection with our past, Taos is rich with local culture, authentic foodways, and expansive outdoor exploration opportunities.