Must hold a bachelor’s degree, complete a New Mexico teacher preparation program, and pass the required content and subject area examinations. Those who have a bachelor’s degree but have not completed a teacher preparation program may be eligible for alternative teacher certification in New Mexico.
Please contact us directly if you have further questions regarding your eligibility.
• Teach 4 PBL curricular units that focus on the 4Ps: Place, phenomenon, problem, project
• 4PBL units are often based on controversial issues with local connections and that offer authentic applications of mathematics concepts
• Students participate in scientific investigations and problem-solving that approximates adult math investigations and includes original research as well as collection, analysis, and representation of real data
• Project, products, and authentic service-learning lead to environmental stewardship
• Math instruction includes fieldwork and interactions with experts
9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th.
Dependent on Experience
Desired Start Date
About the Area
What do People Like Most About This Area?
Located in the north-central region of our state, Taos is small community with a big story and an important history. This history is rooted in our connection with Taos Pueblo, which is one of the oldest continuously inhabited communities in what is now known as the United States. Through this connection with our past, Taos is rich with local culture, authentic foodways, and expansive outdoor exploration opportunities.