We are asking rural communities to share how COVID-19 is impacting them and how teachers and teacher-leaders are adapting in the face of nationwide school closures. Below, Wade Callaway of Gruver, TX, shares what his community is doing to take action. You can share your story here: http://buff.ly/3d7hWUe
* Churches/feed lots/etc...opening up for WiFi access
* Special Need aides volunteering to go to above places to assist (6' away, of course)
* AMA TechTel of Amarillo offering free WiFi (no strings) to households w/out WiFi
* Bus drivers delivering meals and work to bus students
* Virtual Spirit Week
* On-line and paper packet pickup for in-town students
* Breakfast/lunch available for all in-town students
* Burning of football lights for one hour each night on Wednesday nights to let students know we are thinking of them and love them.
* ZOOM has allowed us free service.
September 27, 2022
How education comes full circle in rural places
August 31, 2022
Relationships are this band instructor’s leitmotif